Who we are
- As first Condominium Association in Okinawa under the Inns and Hotels Act we guaranty a safe and cozy stay.
- With attention to diverse holiday attractions Okinawa island has to offer, we are introducing a new vacation style of Living Holiday. A new stay style which gives more privacy and chance to experience the leaving style as locals in Okinawa.
- With our long experience in hospitality industry, now we are introducing a combination of Stay at Hotel and Living Holiday to make a best-relaxed stay.
- Living Holiday in Okinawa is changing the form of local residence to a place for your travel to live in and embrace the local real life in this tropical paradise.
What we can do as an Association
We encourage Local government to comply with inns and accommodation providers which are operating without permission.
- Assist to escalate the acceptance of the system to make Safe and Cozy trip for all as soon as possible.
- Wi-Fi connection coverage in all around the island and promoting the Living Holiday interacting style.
- Promoting from short term holiday to long stay.
- Promoting and branding a system which suits to divers sightseeing spots in Okinawa.
About existing Minpaku Style
It is been said that the year 2015 was the first year that number of hotel rooms in Okinawa was not sufficient to serve the huge number of travelers, mostly from overseas.
Ease in Inns and Hotels Act
With attention to the ease and deregulation of the residential special zone Act is making the Golden Route district in inbound filed is centering in Tokyo and Osaka. The hotel industry in all around country has also been increased sharply, and the gap between demand and supply is going to be resolved day by day. The future challenge will be shortage of demand for accommodation facilities due to oversupply, especially after the Tokyo Olympic games in 2020. As a matter of fact, demand for private residence in Okinawa is not simply because of lack of accommodation in Tokyo and Osaka.
Tourism in Okinawa with a repeater rate of 80%, is changing the tourism industry to encourage tourist to experience Okinawan life style in whole around island.These days, the "Fun short stay in Okinawa" is changing to spend more time and "Live in rural area" as a new style tourism. In addition, long-term stay of inbound tourist from all over the world, with chance to experience reasonable and highly private stay style in the condominium, tends to increase more and more in near future.Long stay adult travelers from Europe, the United States and Austrasia, will become the strategic market goal in the future.
Things to be evaluated in exiting Stay in private residence (Minpaku) style in Okinawa
- Promoting the innovation in Hotels and Inns Act (Ryokan Gyo Hou) to ensure more safety and security for developing sightseeing areas.
- It is essential to apply Public Health Centers overseeing (hygiene maintenance) and supplying the fire distinguishing equipment which guarantees safety and security.
Why stay in Okinawa not in "Minpaku" but "Condominium" style.
The vast definition of "Minpaku" and its huge variety of accommodations such as lodging in private apartments and condominiums and accommodation in ordinary houses.In addition, the form of "stay in privately owned houses " for the high school student`s excursion in Okinawa is similar to "homestay" style.The important point is that in the case of providing bedding and etc. collecting the accommodation fees should obligatory be oversaw by the Hotels and Inns Act.
On the other hand, "Condominium" style provides a furnished room with living facilities such as bedroom, kitchen, refrigerator, TV, washing machine, drying machine etc…It is a form of enjoying a holiday same as everyday lifestyle with shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing, and this is also a difference from accommodation type in hotels. The association thought that "condo style" was best suitable for Okinawa's "Minpaku" style and named it Condominium.